IMT Auto Insurance ReviewSunday, 15 December 2013 17:23
IMT Group offers IMT auto insurance, and IMT Group is one of the oldest and most established Iowa based insurance companies. It is a specialty insurance provider that sells its farm, business, auto and home insurance products in the Midwest through agent based marketing. It is a financially sound company that offers a large range of auto coverage options that can meet the needs of its customers, and it offers unique benefits such as the Wadena Personal Auto program which is designed to save its customers as much money as possible.
Company Background Information
IMT Group was founded in 1883 and the company name was changed to IMT Insurance Company in 1970. IMT has extensive experience in the insurance industry and is one of the most stable and notable Iowa based insurance companies. The company sells a range of insurance products exclusively in the Midwest in six states through a network of over 800 independent agents. It was recently upgraded to an “A” rating by A.M. Best in 2007, and maintains the same “A” rating in 2013 with an “a” long term credit rating and a stable outlook.
Pros of IMT Auto Insurance
- Several coverage options
- Long established history and strong financial stability
Cons of IMT Auto Insurance
- Not available in every state
- Quotes cannot be obtained online directly
IMT offers several discounts to its Midwestern customers:
- Paid in full discount for paying premiums in a lump sum
- GPS tracking discount for vehicles with a GPS device installed
- Good student discount for students with a “B” or higher average
- Accident prevention course discount for drivers aged 55 and older who take an approved course
- Multiple car discount for insuring more than one vehicle
- Multiple policy discount for purchasing both home and auto insurance
- New vehicle discount for cars less than five years old
- Customer loyalty discount for customers that have maintained loyalty for over two years
- Good credit discount
- Accident forgiveness
The Wadena Personal Auto program also offers unique market segmentation to provider individual policy holders with as many discounts as possible.
Types of Insurance Offered
IMT offers the standard coverage options that most other insurance providers offer along with several different supplementary coverage options:
- Rental car coverage – covers the cost of a rental vehicle following an accident and waives an applicable deductible for rental vehicle coverage
- Guaranteed repairs – repairs following an accident are guaranteed for as long as the customer owns the vehicle
- Glass repair – deductible is waived for glass repair but not for replacement
- Air bag coverage – covers the cost of air bag reinstallation if it is accidentally deployed
- Personal items protection – covers the cost of stolen person goods from a vehicle
- Pet injury coverage – pays up to $500 for vet bills for injured pets
- High level transportation expense coverage – covers up to $900 toward the cost of renting a replacement vehicle due to a covered accident
- Locksmith coverage – covers the cost of locksmith services
- Identity coverage – offers services for identity theft victims and up to $15,000 in identity theft insurance
The IMT website has a substantial amount of information on the different main types of auto insurance it offers as well as the supplementary coverage options. It is well designed, however it lacks important features such as the ability to get a quote from the website and file a claim.
Customer reviews of IMT auto insurance are difficult to find, mainly due to the fact that it is not one of the larger auto insurance companies.
IMT may be worth a look for auto insurance seekers in one of its six state markets, but those in other states would have to look elsewhere. If you are looking for coverage now you can get rates from several providers by entering your zip code on this page.
Compare Quotes and Save Hundreds a Year on Car Insurance
The easiest way to make sure that you are getting the best rates is to ask for quotes from different insurance companies. Get started comparing quotes now!
|AM Best Score||A|
|JD Power Rating||N/A|
Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota